Interior ceiling of pavilion, Shalimar Gardens, Lahore, Pakistan 11 February 2004, photograph by Gordon Brent Ingram
solo exhibitions in photography, drawing, designs & landscape aesthetics
· 1999 “Vistas | Traces,” Tongue Box Café, Vancouver, 10 large colour photographs. Curated by Esme Friesen.
· 1992 “Transmigrasi: Speed and Politics,” Pacific Cinematheque, Vancouver, 5 black and white photographs, 5 colour photographs and drawings. Curated by Ileana Pietrobruno.
· 1991 “Gardens of Despair: Tuareg responses to desertification, Aïr Mountains, Niger / Jardins De Désespoir: Réaction des Tuaregs devant l’expansion du désert, montagne de l’Aïr, Niger,” Royal Institute of British Architects Gallery, London, 12 colour photographs and 24 black and white photographs, 12 drawings plus text. August and September 1991. Curated by Kate Trant.
· 1983 “edziza trip / crossing cold streams,” Xchanges Gallery, Victoria, Canada, 30 black and white photographs with text, February 1983. Curated by the Xchanges Gallery Curatorial Committee.
· 1982 “edziza trip / crossing cold streams,” Prince George Art Gallery (now the Two Rivers Gallery), Prince George, Canada, 30 black and white photographs plus text, documentation of the Spatzizi and Edziza wilderness parks of northwestern British Columbia, July 1982. Curated by Prince George Art Gallery Curatorial Committee.
group exhibitions in photography, landscape architecture & aesthetics
· 2010. ‘roof’ included in the exhibition, ‘Produce Produce: Re-Examining Urban Sustainability’, Arnica Artist-Run Centre, Kamloops, British Columbia, September and October, 2010. 11 colour digital inkjet prints 11 inches by 14 inches, 4 green roof plant & ecosystem pegs from Vancouver approximately 9 inches by 9 inches by 24 inches, and a 52 page hand-bound paper book 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches. Curated by Stephanie Farrell and Elaine Sedgman.
· 1994 “Queer Spaces,” The Storefront Center for Art and Architecture, Soho, New York, (including Ingram’s 13 colour photographs, 11 drawings, and text in a larger project “‘Open’ Space” with Martha Judge) curated by Beatriz Colomina, Dennis Dollens, Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick, Cindi Patton, Henry Urbach and Mark Wigley.
Manifestos: Queer Space, New York, Storefront Art and Architecture, June, 1994. 254 pp.
Queer Space, New York, Storefront Art and Architecture, (broadside), 4 large newsprint pages.
· 1994 “Pushing the portrait - Part I,” & “Pushing the portrait - Part II” Foto Base Gallery, Vancouver, 5 large colour photographs with multiple exposures, curated by Ann Rosenberg.
· 1994 “From Other Places” Foto Base Gallery, Vancouver, 4 large colour photographs, curated by Ann Rosenberg. .
· 1994 “The Constructed Image,” Foto Base Gallery, Vancouver, 3 colour photographs, curated by Anne Rosenberg.
· 1993 “Introductions,” Heller Gallery, University of California, Berkeley, 4 black and white photographs. curated by the Heller Gallery Curatorial Committee.
· 1981 “Mainstream Exiles,” Goodman Building Gallery, San Francisco, 2 large montage pieces with black and white photographs. Curated by Kim Anno. documentation: ingram-1981-illustration-of-grahns-if-you-lose-your-lover
· 1979 “A Group Show of Lesbian and Gay Imagery in Celebration of Gay Pride Week,” San Francisco State University Gallery, San Francisco, California, 1 black and white photograph. Curated by Gregory Day.